Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Candy
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups extra fine sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package premium white chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 1/2 cups whoppers, halved (reserve 36 halves)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place chocolate chips, vanilla extract and Marshmallow crème into a 3-quart saucepan (or Pyrex bowl) and set aside.
- Heat milk at medium heat until warm then add sugar. Bring to a rolling boil (medium-high), stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Continue to boil for 8 full minutes or, if using a candy thermometer, continue boiling until the boiling temperature reaches 235 degrees F but do not exceed 9 minutes rolling boiling total.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until dissolved (but no more than 30 seconds).
- Pour hot mixture over chocolates, vanilla extract and marshmallow cream without scraping the sides of the hot saucepan. Mix until the chocolates are melted and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in Whoppers immediately before pouring into pan and fold over only 3 times.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cool at room temperature.
- As fudge cools in pan, place Whopper halves on surface, spreading evenly.
- Chill in refrigerator prior to cutting.
- Remove from pan, remove foil, cut into squares.