These flavor packed walnut crusted candied bacon strips are decadently delicious. A perfect bar snack to compliment a cocktail, or as a fun component to a burger build, or surprise addition to desserts.
California Walnut Crusted Candied Bacon Strips
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Snacks
Yield: 40 slices; 20 servings, 2 slices each
- 2 pounds traditional cut bacon
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup raw California walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set baking racks on baking sheets and place bacon in a single layer on racks. Cook bacon for about 12 minutes or until 3/4 of way to crispy.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle bacon with brown sugar and walnuts.
- Bake for 5 minutes more or until bacon is crisp and sugar is caramelized.
- Cool to warm or room temp before serving.
Reprinted with permission from California Walnuts.
Serving size: 2 slices Calories: 320 Fat: 22g Carbohydrates: 8g Sodium: 760mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 16g