Texas BBQ Beef Brisket is slow-roasted to perfection, while being basted with a flavorful broth.
Texas BBQ Beef Brisket
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (5-8 pound) brisket
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup granulated onion
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients, except beef broth and brisket, and mix well.
- Season brisket on both sides with mixture and place in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 hour.
- Combine beef broth with equal amount of water. Add enough liquid to the roasting pan to achieve 1/2-inch liquid in pan. Cover roasting pan, lower heat to 325 degrees F and continue cooking for 4-5 hours, basting frequently until fork tender.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Trim all fat and slice meat thinly across the grain.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Texas Beef Team.