Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Roast, Tavern Style
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Sandwich
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 (4 pound) pork roast
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Place half of the sliced onions on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place meat on top along with cloves and the remaining sliced onions. Add water, cover and cook 8-12 hours or overnight on LOW.
- Remove meat from crock pot. Drain liquid from crock pot and discard. Remove bone and fat from meat; shred meat; return to slow cooker. Add chopped onion and barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook another 1-3 hours on HIGH or 4-8 hours on LOW, stirring 3 or 4 times.
- Serve from slow cooker on large toasted buns.