Everyone loves macaroni and cheese. This is a fast, easy way to make it. The time from stove top to table is short.
Skillet Mac 'n' Cheese
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Pasta
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth;
- gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2
- minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Add macaroni. Heat through, stirring constantly.
- Salt and pepper may be added, if desired.