The sauce is so flavorful that you won’t need a dip for this delicious shrimp.The sauce is so flavorful that you won’t need a dip for this delicious shrimp.
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Appetizer
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Place shrimp on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- To avoid rubbery shrimp (the biggest pitfall with these little guys is overcooking), watch for signs they are done—the flesh will turn pink and firm. They'll keep cooking for a minute or two outside the oven.
With "no silverware needed" recipes such as this one, tail-on shrimp work best.