Oven Barbecue Chicken
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 pieces chicken
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- Barbecue sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry. Mix Bisquick, salt and paprika in a paper bag and shake chicken in this mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Melt butter in a baking pan in the oven. Remove pan from the oven and place chicken (skin side down) in the melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and cover with barbecue sauce.
- Bake for another 15 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Spoon sauce over chicken pieces and serve.