Sometimes the most simple recipes are the best, and here’s proof!
Old-Time Barbecued Chicken
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
- 3 plump fryers, each about 3 pounds, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle hot sauce
- Rub the chicken well with the Creole seasoning.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the hot sauce.
- Prepare a charcoal fire in a barbecue pit. Put the chickens on the grill of the barbecue pit and baste frequently with the sauce. Be sure to turn the chickens about every 20 minutes, but keep the lid closed in between. The chickens will take about 2 hours to cook.