Moo Goo Gai Pan
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 large whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved lenghtwise
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken granules
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 cup fresh pea pods (snow peas)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 to 6 green onions
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Partially freeze chicken; thinly slice into bite-size strips.
- In small mixing bowl stir together the water, soy sauce, dry sherry, cornstarch, honey, and instant chicken bouillon granules; mix well.
- Slice the drained water chestnuts; set aside.
- Halve the pea pods crosswise; set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms and the green onion; set aside.
- Heat the oil in wok over high heat.
- Add the chicken to wok and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Add more oil, if necessary.
- Stir-fry water chestnuts, pea pods, mushrooms, green onions, and ginger for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok.
- Stir the bouillon mixture and stir into chicken.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes more or until heated through.