Loaded with four beans, plus tomatoes, avocado and cucumber, then dressed with a wildly flavorful homemade dressing.
Mexican Bean Salad
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Salad
Yield: 6 (1 cup each)
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce can diced tomato, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic (about 1 teaspoon), smashed and finely diced into a paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano, crushed between the palms of your hand
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, add all beans, tomato, cucumber and avocado. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together and pour over salad ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Allow salad to marinate for 15 minutes to one hour.
- Garnish with extra cilantro, if desired.