Honey-Garlic Yeast Rolls
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Bread
Yield: 13 rolls
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-inch round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to wire rack.