Unlike regular nachos, these are served as an entree. Melty cheese covers roasted potatoes, bacon and caramelized onions. The amounts are as desired.
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
- Red potatoes
- Bacon, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Large yellow onions
- Garlic powder
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream
- Green onions, sliced
- Roast red potatoes, then cube and sauté with bacon.
- Meanwhile, caramelize onions. Halve and slice onions.
- Coat 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook onions in oil for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until soft and golden. Stir in garlic powder, per taste.
- Place potatoes on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Add caramelized onions on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle lots of grated cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F or just until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with dollops of sour cream and green onions.