Cola and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
Yield: 14 - 16 servings
- 11-12 pound shank half bone-in cooked ham
- Large Anolon roasting pan
- 4 cups cola, divided
- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim skin and excess fat off ham. With sharp knife, score ham all over in diamond pattern. Place ham in roasting pan then pour 1 cup cola and 1 cup orange juice over it. Cover pan with aluminum foil and roast 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- While ham roasts, in medium saucepan, combine remaining cola, orange juice, brown sugar and Dijon mustard. Bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat and cook about 45-48 minutes, until reduced to 1 cup and mixture is slightly syrupy.
- After ham roasts 1 hour and 15 minutes, remove foil and baste with glaze. Continue roasting and basting ham every 15 minutes with glaze until it is glossy and instant read thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145 degrees F, about 1 hour and 15-30 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before slicing.
Source: Anolon Gourmet Cookware - through Family Features.