Enjoy these burgers with fries and sliced avocado.
Chris's Italian Smoky Onion Burgers
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Sandwiches
Yield: 6 burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped and divided
- 1 bunch green onions, diced and divided
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, hickory flavor
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Mix Liquid Smoke with the red wine.
- Place all other ingredients in bowl and mix well. Add wine mixture. Shape into 6 patties. Refrigerate for 1 hour, covered.
- Grill burgers till done to your satisfaction.
- Meanwhile, sauté 1/2 of the green onions with 1/2 the yellow onions in 3 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar and 2 teaspoons sugar added.
- Serve burgers in buns with sliced red onion, sliced tomato and caramelized onions.
An original recipe shared by Chris and Bob Mendoza, New Mexico.