Pecan Cherry French Toast Stuffed French toast is always a treat. This one is stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese and cherry jam, and then crusted with pecans. (We considered calling this Cherry Cheesecake, Stuffed, Pecan-Crusted French Toast but that seemed a little long.)
This is easy to make. Make a sandwich with the cherry cheesecake filling, dip the sandwich in egg, and dredge it in chopped pecans.
- 4 ounces cream cheese (regular or low fat)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 2/3 cup cherry jam
- Bread slices
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Finely chop the pecans. We used a Deluxe Stainless Steel Nut and Veggie Chopper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream cheese, sour cream, and extract. Fold in the jam. Spread the cherry and cream cheese mixture between two slices of bread sandwich-style.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and then dredge the egg-coated sandwiches in the crushed pecans.
- Cook the coated sandwiches on a hot griddle or in a frying pan first on one side and then the other.
- Serve immediately with strawberry syrup or maple syrup.
The Deluxe Stainless Steel Nut and Veggie Chopper is available at The Prepared Pantry.
Recipe courtesy of Dennis Weaver, who is the president of The Prepared Pantry, a full line kitchen store in Rigby, Idaho. The Prepared Pantry sells kitchen tools, gourmet foods, and baking ingredients including hundreds of hard-to-find ingredients.