This “sticky” shrimp recipe is a real winner. It can be served over rice or alone.
Caramelized Garlic Butter Honey Shrimp
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Kosher or sea salt
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- In a small bowl whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic and lemon. Add half of the sauce to the shrimp and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium size skillet heat the butter. Discard the marinade from the shrimp, and add the shrimp to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to medium high. Cook until the shrimps turn pink, about 2 minutes on each side. Add the reserved marinade and pour over shrimp. Cook until the sauce begins to thicken and coats the shrimp.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.