This recipe is from Cafe Annie in Houston, Texas.
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken parts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Serrano chile, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced white onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine first 8 ingredients. With a spoon or a basting brush, spread the seasoning paste over the chicken.
- Grill the chicken using medium heat for a gas grill or indirect heat for a charcoal grill. Close the lid and grill until chicken reaches 180 degrees F in the thighs and 170 degrees F in the breast, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all lime butter ingredients. Drizzle over chicken just before serving or serve separately for dipping.