Beef Stroganoff Casserole
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place beef in large skillet; season with salt and pepper. Brown beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring to separate beef.
- Drain fat from skillet; set beef aside.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add wine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in soup, sour cream and mustard until well combined. Return beef to skillet.
- Place noodles in prepared dish. Pour beef mixture over noodles; stir until noodles are well coated.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.