Most brisket recipes are very easy to make, and they are very flavorful.
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) fresh beef brisket
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle liquid smoke
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Line a 12 x 9-inch or larger baking dish with heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing enough foil to cover meat.
- Turn brisket fat-side down and pour entire bottle of liquid smoke over meat. Sprinkle
- the 3 salts over meat. Turn brisket over (fat side on top) and seal with foil. Marinate overnight.
- Next morning pour off marinade; bake in a 225 degree F oven for 5 hours. Let cool. Pour off gravy and refrigerate until cold.
- Slice meat with meat slicer on a thin setting or use an electric knife. Layer in casserole dish the brisket and barbecue sauce; repeat several times.
- Cook an additional 30 to 45 minutes in a 300 degree F oven until warm.