Banana Split Cake
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Desserts
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 cups cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup. butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 bananas
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed, or 1 pint sweetened whipped cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a medium bowl combine cookie crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine. Press into an unbuttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, 1 cup softened butter or margarine and powdered sugar. Beat 10 to 15 minutes, until smooth. Spread over crust in pan.
- Slice bananas evenly over mixture.
- Spread crushed pineapple evenly over bananas.
- Top with whipped topping or whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
From the kitchen of Aggie Thomas, Mesa, Arizona