Balsamic-Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Author: Prickly Gourmet
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher, sea or Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Pork Tenderloin: Mix together the sage, salt, pepper and garlic, and rub over the tenderloin.
- Place 1/2 cup water in slow cooker, followed by the tenderloin, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- One hour before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. (For a more caramelized crust, remove from slow cooker and place on aluminum foil-lined sheet pan, glaze, and set under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved.)
- Slice or shred the meat and place on a platter or plate. Drizzle the glaze over the pork and serve immediately.
- Serve with remaining glaze on the side.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Place the pork roast in the liner of the Instant Pot. Increase the water or broth to 1 cup and add to the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes (press manual, then swt to 60 minutes. The Instant Pot will start automatically and count down the time. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before quickly releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Near the end of cooking time), whisk together all glaze ingredientse in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the glaze thickens, 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper, if desired. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker or Instant Pot. Slice or shred the meat and place on a platter or plate. Drizzle the glaze over the pork and serve immediately.