Spicy Cheese Logs
Yield: 4 or 5 cheese logs
The original recipe says, slice cheese log into 1/4-inch slices; place on a Ritz and toast under the broiler until just hot. Serve quickly. I like it cold and slice cheese onto my favorite cracker or chip.
- 1 pound longhorn cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cayenne pepper
- Soften cream cheese; grate longhorn cheese.
- With strong sturdy spoon (wooden is nice), mix thoroughly until all melded together.
- Stir in Worcestershire and garlic; mix thoroughly.
- Divide mixture into four or five sections. Roll each section into the shape of a log about the diameter of a half dollar. When all the sections are rolled, spread cayenne on wax paper and roll the logs in the cayenne until coated, including the ends.
Recipe shared by Jewel-e George of Hagerstown, Maryland.