Salmon au Gratin
Yield: 4 servings
There are countless ways to prepare delicious salmon, but this is one of the best. I consider this to be in the comfort food category.
- 1 pound can salmon, boneless
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttered cornflakes, crushed
- Velveeta slices
- Break the salmon into pieces.
- Prepare a sauce of the butter, flour, milk and salt.
- Place a layer of the salmon in the bottom of a greased baking dish, add some of the sauce and a layer of salmon. Repeat laying until all the ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle buttered cornflakes over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until sauce bubbles up and cornflakes are golden.
- Arrange a layer of cheese over top and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.