Pinwheel Peach Cobbler
Yield: 20 servings
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sliced peaches, sliced thinner
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups liquid (peach juice and water)
- Cut Crisco into flour; add milk. Roll into a rectangle approximately 20-inches wide.
- Drain juice from peaches, and add water to make 2 cups if necessary. Pour into saucepan. Add sugar, and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Slice peaches thinner and spread over dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13-inch pan at 350 degrees F. Remove pan from oven.
- Roll peaches and dough as for a jellyroll. Slice into 1-inch sections (about 20 pinwheels). Place pinwheels on top of butter. Pour sugar syrup over pinwheels carefully.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 55 minutes.