Yield: 3 to 4 dozen
I found these gems in an old recipe pamphlet called Holiday Delights published by West Texas Utilities in 1986. They sound like they might be just the ticket for a holiday buffet. I changed one thing in the instructions. They asked you to preheat the oven before the dough chilled overnight. I don't think so! These old flea market finds have certainly been good to me!
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Mix well. Stir in flour and bacon.
- Shape dough into 2 rolls, 1 inch in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unwrap roll and cut into ¼ inch thick slices. Place slices on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
These freeze well.