Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (13 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- ¾ cup water
- 1¼ cups Russian dressing or use store-bought
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chili sauce (or ketchup)
- 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- If using homemade Russian Dressing, prepare it first. If using store bought Russian dressing, proceed with the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and place chicken breasts in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together preserves, dry onion soup mix, water and Russian dressing. Pour over the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Russian dressing: Place onion in a small bowl and mash to create a paste. Stir in the mayonnaise, chili sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire, paprika and salt.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.